UBC Safe Cities Commission
Safe Cities Commission cooperates in order to improve security services as well as assure better safety standards and procedures for all Baltic Sea Region (BSR) citizens.
The problems which seem to be completely solved in some cities still exist in others. Commission work allows not only knowledge expanding, but also gaining and sharing of experiences – joint efforts can help make BSR a safer and tidier place to live in.
Main interest areas
The Commission's main areas of interest are:
- cooperation and experience exchange in the field of local security;
- joint projects to increase level of security and public order within the Baltic Sea Region;
- cooperation with other local organizations (police, fire brigade, emergency, crises management departments, social welfare centers, etc).
In 2017–2018, the main objectives are to:
- Expand partnership and collaborations of organizations which are responsible for safety promotion in the cities by creating collaboration tools;
- Disseminate knowledge about the safety of young people through their education in the schools, promote appropriate lawful behavior;
- Continue cooperation with other organizations and institutions i.e. Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS), European Forum for Urban Security (EFUS), other UBC Commissions. The experience of these organizations with EU projects about safety and security may bring to the Commission good ideas and solutions on EU co-financed projects;
- Promote safety issues among community members using modern media and other coordinated activities in local communities of the Commission member cities;
- Prepare and participate in projects regarding safety issues;
- Continue to involve safety specialists from more fields regarding safety issues.
Animated movies about safety at home: