Speakers and parallel workshops at the XV UBC General Conference
The XV UBC General Conference “Building an inclusive and resident-focused city. The Baltic way” will be held on 15–18 October 2019 in Kaunas, Lithuania. The conference hosts top-level speakers across the Baltic Sea Region.
Confirmed speakers (as of September 2019):
- Per Bødker Andersen, President of UBC
- Visvaldas Matijošaitis, Mayor of Kaunas
- Linas Linkevičius, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Republic of Lithuania
- Sirpa Paatero, Minister of Local Government and Ownership Steering of Finland
- Gediminas Kaminskas, Vice-Chair of Kaunas Umbrella Youth Organization "Round Table"
- Markku Markkula, 1st Vice President of the Committee of the Regions
- Bernd Hemingway, Deputy Director General, Council of the Baltic Sea States Secretariat
- Per Schöldberg, MP, Swedish Parliament
- Laurent Sens, Deputy Head of Unit for ESF for Lithuania, European Commission
- Asta Avietė, Programme Manager of the Unit responsible for Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy, the European Commission
- Virginija Vitkienė, Director, “Kaunas 2022"
- Saara Malila, Director of Communication, the City of Turku, former Communications Manager, Turku 2011 Foundation
- Graziella Vella, Research Coordinator, Valletta 2018 Foundation
- Krzysztof Maj, General Director, European Capital of Culture Wrocław 2016
- Fredrik Lindegren, Director of Culture, the City of Umeå, former Artistic Director for Umeå 2014
Interactive parallel workshops
In addition to the plenaries, interactive parallel workshops form the backbone of the General Conference.
In the XV UBC General Conference, themes in the workshops include environment, fighting radicalization, building inclusive and equal societies, youth issues, citizens’ participation in the cities’ governing, digitalization, education, project funding opportunities, and health.
See all the workshops in the conference programme: http://ubc.kaunas.lt/conference-programme