The first UBC TALKS webinar in 2021 will take place on 30 March at 9.30-11.00 CET. We will learn about strengthening of cities' resilience towards climate hazards based on the experiences of the project CASCADE.
This UBC TALKS will give us an overview of climate risk drivers and hazards for the Baltic Sea Region and of the climate risk assessment in the region. The CASCADE project is working to increase practical risk management capabilities of local authorities in the region. We will hear insights from the project's experiences on how to best understand, assess, and treat current and future climate change related risks on the local level and we will be presented a training course designed in the project aiming at increasing knowledge and capacity of civil protection experts.
This UBC TALKS is co-hosted with the Safe Cities Commission.
- Heidi Tuhkanen, Senior Expert, SEI Tallinn
- Miikka Toivonen, Planning officer, Southwest Finland Emergency Services, City of Turku
- Jürgen Krempin, Head of International Cooperation, Hamburg Fire and Rescue Service, City of Hamburg
- Valdur Lahtvee, Policy Officer, Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS)
- Kaspars Vārpiņs, Chairman of the UBC Safe Cities Commission
UBC TALKS is a series of webinars launched by the UBC Sustainable Cities Commission to discuss various topics of the sustainable development in the Baltic Sea Region.
Quarterly organized in 2021, the webinars traditionally take place on the last Tuesday of the month, 9.30-11.00 CET